The Best Energy Drink
What is the best energy drink? A great question, but with many great answers, too… okay, maybe just one.
When I was in college I must have consumed thousands of cans of energy drinks, and I could tell you that at least 10 were on my “Best Energy Drinks” list. However, I was a fool to think that. I was blinded by the engaging commercials, my friends, and lack of knowledge about energy drink facts.
What makes an energy drink great is not only its brand name or its popularity, but rather factors like taste, nutrition, and sustainability should take the number one place. Here’s what I look for in the best energy drink:
- Taste – if it doesn’t taste good, I’m not buying it.
- Natural & Healthy – no artificial flavors, colors, sweeteners and no preservatives.
- Sustainable Energy – I would like an energy drink that helps me last longer than a New York minute, without the crash.
- Enhanced Alertness – that would be the point of an energy potion, but many drinks fail at this.
- Great Ingredients – I would like to feed my body only the best, wouldn’t you?
- Little Caffeine – Umm… isn’t that the whole point? NO, it isn’t! Caffeine can be supplemented better with natural sources of energy.
I like my energy drinks with as little sugar and calories possible, but love the vitamin, carb, and protein content. Carbohydrates are a good source of energy, especially if you are active.
What’s your best energy drink? What factors make your energy drink the best?